Bishop Miege High School was established in 1958 by the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas. Miege was named in honor of Bishop John Baptist Miege, the first Bishop of the territory of Kansas. Bishop Miege was instituted as a co-educational archdiocese school to serve Northeastern Johnson County. Today, the school's geographical boundaries have expanded, and the school enrolls young men and women from throughout Johnson County and Wyandotte County, Kan., and Kansas City, Mo.
Our Mission Statement
A Catholic community of faith strives to develop the potential of our students through spiritual growth, academic success and stewardship.
We believe the responsibility of a Catholic school community in a democratic society is to provide as many varied opportunities for accomplishment and development as the individual student's aptitude, skills and potential will allow.
We further believe that each student comes to us as a member of another community -- the family - and within that community resides the student's primary educators: his/her parents/guardians. We therefore include in our educational process the parents, as well as all others, who contribute to the total education of the student.
Foremost, we believe that all who are responsible for the instruction of students must follow the moral and ethical guidelines of the Master Teacher: Jesus Christ.
Our Educational Objectives and Affiliations
Our educational objective is to serve all students who seek admission, in identifying their needs, to provide a variety of programs to serve those needs and interests, thus providing for a comprehensive educational process that fosters the development of the student as a whole person.
Miege is a fully accredited high school, both by the State of Kansas and the North Central Association, and is a member of the National Catholic Education Association.
Bishop John Baptist Miege's Coat of Arms
Nova et Vetera (The New and the Old)
Royal Blue and Scarlet Red
Excellence: Our Goal
Success: Our Tradition