The Bishop Miege Guidance Department consists of three full time counselors, a registrar, a secretary and a learning resource specialist. The Guidance Department strives to create an atmosphere that is welcoming to students and their parents and that encourages open communication.
A few of the many services provided are:
* Academic and personal/social counseling
• Programs to help students to prepare for the ACT & SAT.
• Monthly College Bulletins for juniors, seniors and their parents filled with upcoming college events such as college fairs, open houses, scholarship and financial aid availability, etc.
• Assisting students with college and financial aid applications
• A "College Room" complete with college catalogs, applications, videos, etc. from schools around the country.
• Six student computers available from 7:30 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. daily specifically for college prep programs.
• Discover - A program offering inventories in career counseling, college choice counseling, employment counseling and financial aid information.
• College and financial aid searches
• Accommodation programs for academic support, see link for more information.
The Guidance Department also works very closely with the public, offering various parent programs, financial aid seminars, scholarship applications and recommendations, career day, and eighth grade applications.
Guidance Office Staff
Mr. Brady Beek, M.A., Director of Guidance (ext. 230)
Mrs. Lisa Beek, Registrar (ext. 229)
Mr. Jeff English, Administrative Assistant (ext. 270)
Ms. Peg Hiles, M.S., Learning Resource Specialist (ext. 274)
Mr. Dan Meara, M.A, Counselor (ext. 227)
Mrs. Elaine Schmidtberger, M.A., Counselor (ext. 228)
Follow our Guidance Dept. on Twitter!